Paramount Commerce: VP, Legal & Compliance - Toronto
- 8 to 12 years experience
- Paramount Commerce
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paramount Commerce (Paramount) is an innovative financial technology company that provides state-of-the-art verification and payment processing technology to some of the largest ecommerce merchants around the world. Since launching its first payment product more than 15 years ago, Paramount has secured its position as an industry leader by leveraging financial data intelligence to accelerate global payments, and provide ground breaking solutions to ecommerce challenges. The company originated in Toronto and has grown to include offices in Vancouver, London, Malta, and Las Vegas. Its patented technology supports payments in more than 30 countries and has processed more than $35 billion in volume.
Paramount is seeking an experienced in-house professional to join their talented and dedicated team as VP, Legal & Compliance at its headquarters in downtown Toronto. Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for the legal, regulatory, risk and compliance activities for the company. The successful candidate will:
• advise the executive and business teams on all legal matters relevant to Paramount’s
business, including proposed legislative and regulatory changes and emerging industry trends;
• design and implement a compliance program that provides assurance that all regulatory
requirements are met globally, mitigates risk, and promotes a pro-active regulatory compliance culture;
• develop a system for identifying, monitoring, assessing and managing compliance; requirements and reporting;
• ensure that all required licensing and filings are in place and maintained;
• negotiate, draft and advise on internal and external agreements;
• provide advice and support to the business on the interpretation of legal and compliance
• manage an internal team of both legal and business professionals as well as external counsel.
Paramount is seeking a motivated, organized and adaptable individual who can effectively
support the company’s tremendous growth as it continues to change the landscape of
ecommerce. The ideal candidate will have 8-12 years of combined corporate and compliance experience from either a reputable law firm and/or in-house environment with a strong background in a highly regulated industry. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are also essential to this role that requires an ability to both manage and work as a part of a team.
As this is an exclusive assignment with RainMaker Group, all resumes sent directly to Paramount Commerce will be re-directed to RainMaker Group.