Assistant Corporate Secretary - Toronto
- 10+ years experience
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Our client, a Canadian public company, has been in operation for over 25 years and is regarded as an undisputed leader in one of Canada’s key growth sectors.
The company is seeking to add a seasoned Assistant Corporate Secretary to join their high caliber team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal and working closely with the senior leadership team and the Board, this position is responsible for providing corporate secretarial support to various stakeholders and ensuring corporate governance best practices are maintained across the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
• all aspects of coordinating and auditing Board Committee Meetings including the preparation of meeting materials and minutes, coordinating agendas and supporting other Board affairs;
• creating a variety of corporate/organizational legal documents, including Articles of Incorporation or Dissolution, Stock Certificates, Board Minutes and Resolutions;
• assisting with and maintaining filings including those relating to securities regulatory requirements, insider filings and annual filings for nominees;
• updating the Management Information Circular (MIC) and responding to information requests pertaining to it;
• supporting the Investor Relations function and the Finance Team where necessary;
• assisting with the AGM, including the preparation of shareholders materials, prospectus and continuous disclosure materials.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, ideally with at least half of that time spent in a corporate secretarial role with a public company. Additionally, this role requires an individual who can manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines and has a strong knowledge of corporate secretarial procedures and governance practices. A knack for relationship building as well as exceptional organizational skills are essential. Sound judgment surrounding discretion, privacy and confidentiality are also requirements.
If you possess the requisite skill-set, please contact in complete confidence Danya Cohen or Adam Lepofsky (both Canadian qualified lawyers) at RainMaker Group.