Score Media and Gaming Inc. - Legal Counsel - Toronto
- 4 to 7 years experience
- Score Media and Gaming Inc.
- Toronto, Ontario , Canada
Score Media and Gaming Inc. (publicly traded as SCR on the TSX and Nasdaq) empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favourite teams, leagues, and players. Its sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’, offers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience to fans in jurisdictions across the U.S.
Score Media and Gaming Inc. is seeking a business-minded IP/IT lawyer to join their dynamic sports and entertainment business operations in downtown Toronto. This position will report to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and work closely with the Senior Legal Counsel on a wide range of legal and business matters in support of the company’s strategic growth.
The successful candidate’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
● drafting and negotiating various agreements including, but not limited to, master services agreements, license agreements, professional services agreements, end user license agreements and consulting agreements;
● advising on a wide range of intellectual property matters including trademarks, copyright, privacy and emerging technologies, as well as managing external counsel with respect to the company’s international trademark and patent filing, prosecution and enforcement efforts;
● advising on marketing, advertising and promotional matters; and
● assisting with compliance and regulatory issues as they arise, including those
relating to sports betting and iGaming, privacy, digital media distribution, as well as securities and general corporate matters.
The ideal candidate will have 4-7 years of IT/IP and/or Media Law experience gained from a leading law firm or corporation. Score Media and Gaming Inc. is seeking a confident lawyer who is capable of quick and judicious decision making and delivering practical legal advice to a broad group of internal stakeholders. Exceptional drafting, negotiation and communication skills are a must, as is a strong capacity for building relationships with internal and external business partners. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter to practice in an environment immersed in sports with a team that is talented, collegial and constantly innovating.
Interested candidates should send their resume in complete confidence to Danya Cohen or Adam Lepofsky (both Canadian qualified lawyers) at RainMaker Group.
As this is an exclusive assignment with RainMaker Group, all resumes sent directly to Score Media and Gaming Inc. will be re-directed to RainMaker Group.